Winter Citrus Salad with a Meyer Lemon Dressing
This bright winter salad pairs bitter greens with sweet and bright citrus.
- 1 large Red grapefruit segmented
- 2 medium Cara Cara oranges segmented
- 1 medium Naval orange segmented
- 1 medium Minneola Tangelo segmented
- 4-5 Radicchio leaves Torn
- 2 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 1 bulb fennel thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado cubed
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thinly
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or pinenuts
- flaky sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
Meyer Lemon dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest meyer lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp shallots diced and soaked in cold water
- salt to taste
Meyer Lemon Dressing
Finely dice the shallot and soak in cold water for 15-20 minutes.
Combine the olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon zest, and juice, shallots, and salt in a small bowl, to in a small jar with a lid and mix/shake to combine. Refrigerate until you're ready to serve the salad, it will separate, so give it a good mix before servering.
Thoroughly rinse all greens, and pat dry.
Soak the sliced red onion for about 15-20 minutes in cold water.
Segment all citrus slices by using a chef knife to remove the peel and pith. Go in and slice out each individual segment, leaving the connecting parts behind.
Layer a large serving plate with the greens, fennel, red onion, citrus segments, seeds, mint leaves, radicchio leaves, avocado cubes. Crack fresh pepper and sprinkle flaked salt over the salad, and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.